Monday, September 04, 2006

Intentions

I feel obligated to begin with a brief statement of what I intend this blog to be about. Mostly, I intend it to be about things that I find interesting that I believe others might find interesting as well. As you can see from the URL, I'm a yuppie and not afraid to admit it. I'm somewhat proud that I live in Baltimore and am helping to provide a tax base for the city. I purchase my goods and services from small, local retailers (well...as long as I feel that the atmosphere is worth the premium on cost...I'll buy almost anything I can at Wal-Mart). I try to be a good citizen. Along the way I probably cause gentrification and run up property values (hence the allusion in the blog description), but I figure that law-abiding, responsible citizens are the least of this city's problems.

Anyway, so yeah, from now on I'll post interesting things and pepper my sentences with links like any other good blog would.

No comments: