Friday, October 20, 2006

Comcast Ruins My Friday Afternoon

How, you might ask, can Comcast frustrate you on a Friday afternoon when you are not even a Comcast customer? It might seem natural to assume that poor customer service can only happen to you if you are a customer, it seems Comcast has reached a new level. Like a gangster spraying bullets from an automatic weapon, Comcast has hit an innocent bystander with their terrible customer relations.

This evening I had nearly completed my evening commute. I pulled into the alley behind my house to park my car, when lo and behold, a Comcast Authorized Contractor!



I'm going to take a moment and make some observations here:
  1. This alley is a one-way street
  2. There a bunch of empty parking spaces behind
    a) the house they are servicing
    b) other nearby houses
  3. The contractor is actually getting something out of the car right now
  4. It would take surprisingly little effort to move that vehicle and let me pass

Guess what the Comcast Authorized Contractor decided to do? How about insist that I back out of the alley, drive around the block, then drive back up the alley (the wrong direction on a one-way street) to reach my parking space. In his defense, he did offer to let me wait 15 minutes for him to finish his work, then he would move the car.

Has Comcast already forgotten about that guy that made a YouTube video of a Comcast technician falling asleep on his couch? I would have thought that Comcast would have made the point to their technicians and contractors that Comcast is judged by their behavior. I guess I would have been wrong.

No comments: