Wednesday, October 24, 2007

At Least We Don't Have Wildfires

Baltimore may have a lot of problems, but at least we don't have wildfires. I work with some people out in San Diego, and the latest toll I've heard is the general manager of the plant is evacuated but doesn't know if his house survived or not and the engineering manager is just about to be evacuated from his home. Wildfires, especially in the dry brush around San Diego, are pretty scary; I never thought I'd say this, but today I'm glad I don't live in San Diego.

The San Diego Tribune has some pretty up-to-the-minute coverage. They also have a pretty awesome Goolgemap of the fires that includes some photos and addresses of the structures they know to be destroyed. So far they say that over half a million people have been evacuated and 1,300+ homes and businesses have been destroyed.

No comments: