Sunday, November 04, 2007

What makes me want to buy an iPhone?

It's not that it has all sorts of features, that it can browse the internet, or play music, or even make telephone calls. No, it's because they made me aware of Cansei de Ser Sexy. Cansei de Ser Sexy is the band that sings the song on the most recent iPhone commercials (the one where they keep repeating "Music is my boyfriend"). The name of that song is actually "Music is my Hot, Hot Sex." You should check out this video:



Cansei de Ser Sexy (CSS) really has everything you're looking for in an indie band. They're from a strange place (Sao Paulo, Brazil), they dress in really unattractive clothes, they can't really dance but are enthusiastic anyway, and they write songs that make you question their grasp of the English language. Best of all, they have a very ironic band name, Cansei de Ser Sexy is Portuguese for "Tired of being sexy." Apparently, that's a quote from Beyonce Knowles that this band latched onto. Considering the band, very ironic.

For examples of poor dancing:



As you may have noticed, they make a great music video. Can you really watch people dancing around like they're in an earthquake and not laugh?

Here's another awesome video:



I have to admit, I like this band in a not-completely-ironic way. I'm definitely considering buying their most recent album just based on the amount of entertainment I've derived from their videos already.

No comments: