Monday, December 04, 2006

You know what's a good movie?

Match Point.

You may remember it as the movie with Scarlett Johansson, Emily Mortimer, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Or you may have heard that Woody Allen wrote and directed the movie. Don't let this fool you, just because the cast is incredibly attractive and Scarlett Johansson is the most famous actor and Woody Allen has recently been known for directing absolute crap, do not for a minute think that this movie is not going to blow you away.

I can't tell you what it's about. I know that this may not be the best way to sell a movie, but it is necessary. The last thing I want to do is give away the movie, it has a twist to it that really blew me away the first time I saw it. I'm watching it on DVD now and I think I appreciate everything a lot more now that I know where it's all going.

If you really like a great drama and spectacular film making, go rent or buy this movie at your first opportunity. Just don't go reading any reviews that might spoil the plot for you.

1 comment:

ZS said...

Yes, I absolutely agree. Match Point is unbeatable in plot sophistication.