Friday, November 28, 2008

A Super-Delicious Pie

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I was invited to dinner by my girlfriend and her family.  Since I didn't have anything else to do yesterday (that's one of the things I was thankful for) I decided to bake a pie from scratch.  I googled "best pie ever" and this was like the second or third link:  Sour Cream Apple Pie with Streusel Topping

I decided to make the crust from scratch too, which was a time-consuming decision, but I thought "Why do something half-way?"  Turns out there's a reason that they sell ready-to-use pie crusts - because it takes forever to make a pâte brisée.  Actually, it probably would have taken less time if I owned a food processor like it calls for (an electric mixer is NOT a substitute for a food processor in this recipe... I ended up using two steak knives as a substitute).

Overall, it's worth the effort.  So if you're looking to make a really tasty pie, I definitely recommend this one.

1 comment:

Knile said...

Next time: http://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/09/26/how-to-make-a-schadenfreude-pie/